I am guessing that many of you of have seen the pics from last Monday night’s Living Portrait with the delightful Su Robertson who shared her journey from flight attendant to lawyer and law lecturer. Turns out Su and I both commenced our university journeys in our early 30’s.
During the week one of our gorgeous fans asked me if I would be sharing my story at one of the Living Portrait events. It got me thinking; it is only natural that people want to learn more about the woman behind Platform of Women So, this week I’d thought share some of ‘CaAtherine’ with you all:
Twenty CaAtherine Things:
- I got married in Kalgoorlie when I was 24 years old;
- I love cats;
- I used to have a pet kangaroo called ‘Flossy’;
- I studied part of my undergraduate at Illinois State University;
- I used to run a theatre company;
- I was runner-up in a fuller figured beauty competition;
- My favourite colour is magenta;
- I had two ectopic pregnancies;
- I’m a survivor of domestic abuse;
- I was divorced by the time I was 31 years old;
- I learnt to drive a tractor;
- I can ride a motor bike;
- I’ve been struggling with an eating disorder for many years;
- I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane – twice;
- I think Italian men are HOT;
- I weighed 12lbs when I was born;
- I used to live on a boat;
- I love my sister and brothers;
- I love my friends and my two furry feline children;
- Last, but not least – I am a BIG fan of random acts of kindness.
Some of you are already privy to some of what I shared, and some of you may think I’m an overweight, cat loving, tractor driving happy divorcee! You may just be right.
Last week I bought the coffee for a stranger waiting behind me – just because I could. My friends – my call to action is to ask you all to buy a coffee for the stranger behind you in the espresso line – just because you can, and share the story with us all. Have a fabulous week!