GUESS WHAT? I didn’t read the fine print on the 1 Million Acts of Kindness website – and apparently it ended on 8 July. This head cold has obviously affected my brain.
What makes me sad according to the 1 Million Acts of Kindness web page is in eight weeks they ONLY had 216, 848 pledges. Seriously people, what is with that? Do we live in a society where we can’t be bothered or are we not interested in ‘pledging’ our acts of kindness? I really hope it’s the latter.
This has spurned me on gorgeous people to ask you all to get involved and let’s make a difference and keep on giving out the acts of kindness. Mine today was: I told someone I love them. What will yours be?
Below is the original post sent Monday morning:
I am sending you all a BIG virtual hug to start the week with. I want you to take that hug and physically give it to someone NOW! Stop reading. GO! Give someone a hug. So what if you are reading this on your smart phone in a cafe; hug the wait-person or the customer at the next table. Go on – hug someone – it’s FREE.
Why you ask? Well, I want you all to join me in The 1 Million Acts of Kindness challenge.
What counts as a random act of kindness? I have that covered: below is a short list of ten RaOK, but when you register and join the Platform of Women team at The 1 Million Acts of Kindness you can read another 100 tips.
For now, here are a few to get you going:
Ten Random Acts of Kindness
- Smile at someone walking down the street;
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in the queue;
- Give a stranger a flower – just because you can;
- Write a letter (snail mail) to someone you haven’t spoken to for a while and tell them you love them;
- Register to Volunteer today;
- Donate your old magazines to the local doctors waiting room or Library
- Donate food to Foodbank;
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter
- Pop over and introduce yourself to your neighbour;
- Tell your children, partner, friend that you love them.
So, my call to action is to ask you all to join me in the Platform of Women team for The 1 Million Acts of Kindness.
Before I go I just want to say this is not a paid endorsement – I just want to see us all make the world a happier place to play in. If you every see me walking by you have permission to hug me. I love a good hug.