While attending the conference in Washington, DC I had high hopes of meeting the conference Patron: Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. But alas, the illustrious Hillary was a no-show. Oh well.
My travelling companion and I were invited to dine with several inspiring individuals. You know when you meet someone; you recognize there is something special about them, regardless of age. I believe without a doubt, some of these women will become future leaders and make a difference in the world.
Later, reflecting upon their company, I got to thinking about which group of inspiring women would I LOVE to invite to dinner?
Yes, this involved making another list! As you know from my previous posting, “Consecutively Connected Items”, I love making lists. So, I set about building a list of ‘amazing women I’ve never met’ and would love to dine with. Then I set myself the challenge of narrowing it down to seven (you have to keep the numbers even – plus me = eight).
Who would I invite to dinner?
- Oprah – the name alone says it all.
- Susan Sarandon – Actor and activist.
- Dr Catherine Hamlin – Obstetrician and co-founder Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia.
- Dawn French – Writer, comedian and actor.
- Geraldine Cox AM – President and operator of the Sunrise Children’s Village orphanage in Cambodia.
- Evonne Goolagong Cawley, AO MBE – tennis player and Australian of the Year.
- Jan Cameron – co-founder of Kathmandu Clothing Company and philanthropist.
I know the illustrious Ms Clinton will be devo to be left off the list, but I imagine she will cope.
We go through life being inspired by various people.
Which group of amazing women would you invite to dinner?